Edimburgh, Scotland – October 24th
Embedded Linux Conference (ELC) is the premier vendor-neutral technical conference for companies and developers using Linux in embedded products.
- Keynote: Astronomy with Gravitational Waves – Dr. Alexander Nitz, Gravitational-wave Researcher, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
- Replacing X with Wayland – Lessons Learned for Your Next Display Manager – Matthias Clasen, Red Hat
- Enabling Zephyr on Your Hardware Platform – Diego Sueiro, Sepura / Embarcados
- Creating Your Own Tiny Linux Distribution Using Yocto: Keeping it Small With Poky-Tiny – Alejandro Hernandez, Xilinx
- Building Container Images with OpenEmbedded and the Yocto Project – Scott Murray, Konsulko Group
The proliferation of container virtualization in the server world and increasingly as an option for application sandbox in embedded systems has lead to concerns about the reproducibility and security of the contents of container images. This presentation will discuss what OpenEmbedded and the Yocto Project bring to the table for building custom container images in the areas of container size, reproducibility, security vulnerability fixing, and license compliance. The available options for building container images with OpenEmbedded will be discussed with examples.