Open Networking Summit (ONS) is the industry’s premier open networking event, gathering enterprises, service providers and cloud providers across the ecosystem to share learnings, highlight innovation and discuss the future of open source networking, including SDN, NFV, edge, orchestration, the automation of cloud, network and IoT services and topics related to AI, blockchain, containers, cloud native and other important technologies. For the past seven years, ONS has taken place annually in North America, and in 2018 the event is expanding to include a European version.
September 25 – 27, 2018
RAI Amsterdam, The Netherlands #ons2018
- Talks from Deutsche Telekom, Orange and Türk Telekom
- Sessions and panels on the intersection of cloud native and networking; the intersection of blockchain and networking; ONAP leadership; and vendor innovation in open source
- Cross Domain/Cross Layer VPN Service Orchestration Demo from China Mobile, Huawei and Vodafone
- Virtual Central Office (VCO) 2.0 – Virtualized Mobile Network Demo. This demonstration will show new and improved use cases, extending the capabilities of the VCO with presenters from China Mobile, Red Hat, and more
Session highlights include:
- Network Service Mesh: An Attempt to Reimagine NFV in a Cloud-Native Fashion – Frederick Kautz, Red Hat and Kyle Mestery, Cisco
- Creating Synergies: Sharing and Reusing Results of CI/CD System Between Communities – Fatih Degirmenci, Ericsson and Yolanda Robla Mota, Red Hat
- ONAP Exploration at Verizon – Fernando Oliveira and Viswanath Kumar Skand Priya, Verizon
- A Practical Approach to Intent-Based Networking: Dynamic On-Demand QoS – Carlos Giraldo Rodríguez, Gradiant
- 5G Edge Cloud in a Lightpole – Tapio Tallgren, Nokia
- Closed-Loop Automation for Edge Cloud with Distributed ONAP Multi-Cloud – Bin Yang, Wind River Systems
Content is offered for both the business and architecture audience, as well as developers and DevOps professionals. Rounding out the event are an unconference, evening events and developer lounges for face to face collaboration, and the opportunity to view dozens of demos from networking projects and companies.
The Linux Foundation events are where the world’s leading technologists meet, collaborate, learn and network in order to advance innovations that support the world’s largest shared technologies.