EMBEDDED LINUX CONFERENCE EUROPE 2013 - DAY 2
Second day at ELC-E 2013, let's start with an interesting keynote where Tim Bird said he prefers Buildroot rather than Yocto mainly because Yocto has a steeper learning curve. Thomas Petazzoni said that Yocto is too much dependent on big companies. On the other hand I actually think that Buildroot may be too dependent on Free Electrons business strategy.
I also attendended a presentation done by my Adeneo colleauge Nicolas Launet.
Next one of the infinite Device Tree presentations with the never ending criticism on its real utility.
I attended the following presentations:
- Yocto Project & OpenEmbedded BoF Jeff OsierMixon, Intel Corporation
- Linux Kernel Debug And Profiling Tools Nicolas Launet, Adeneo Embedded
- Buildroot: What's New Peter Korsgaard
- Board File to Device Tree Migration: War Story Pantelis Antoniou, Antoniou Consulting
- Are Embedded Buildsystems Still Needed? Koen Kooi, Circuitco Electronics
Last but not least, I partecipated to the OpenEmbedded General Assembly where we have seen an interesting picture showing the famous Yocto 'umbrella'